.....What is < Beit HaMiqra > ?
Beit HaMiqra is a Hebrew phrase which means ‘the house of the Bible.' The Hebrew term Miqra , which is equivalent to ‘Bible,' is derived from the root qara (to read, call). The Bible is the Word of God which is to be read aloud or recited. The Hebrew Bible can serve the purpose well. The Hebrew language, especially biblical Hebrew, is suited for reading aloud and memorizing.
Beit HaMiqra Mission was established to encourage people to diligently read the Word of God, if possible, in its original languages. Dr. Kim, who founded Beit HaMiqra , has developed a unique teaching method for learning the Hebrew and the Greek Bible. The method has proved to be very fruitful. Using his method, anyone that wants to learn and understand the Bible in its original languages can be helped.
Unfortunately there are theologians and seminary students around the world who once started with the strong belief that the Bible was the Word of God later turned out to be rationalists. The reason is that they do not have time to read the Bible because they are usually suffocated with huge amounts of materials to read that do not include the Bible itself. Christians have to go back to the Bible. Without reading the Bible, the Gospel they preach and teach is susceptible to be corruption and distortions. Beit HaMiqra Mission is confident that if one reads the Bible seriously and with a humble mind, he will be changed and can also change others by influencing them to come back to the Lord.
The goals and activities of Beit HaMiqra are as follows:
.....Goals of < Beit HaMiqra >
1) to diligently read and study the whole Bible in its original languages.
2) to understand the Word of God as much as the Holy Spirit enlightens.
3) to live 'in what one learns and becomes convinced of' in the Bible (II Tim 3:14).
4) to help others by sharing the true knowledge.
.....Activities of < Beit HaMiqra >
1) Offer Bible (in its original languages) reading courses
(available in English, Chinese, and Korean / in Spanish in the near future)
2) Development and Distribution of teaching materials of biblical languages
3) Publishing and Distribution of Bible commentaries and Bible study materials
4) New Bible Translation (Korean and Chinese)
5) Supplying and Training Bible translators
6) Editing the Bible in its original languages (in the future)
7) Bible Land Trip, Various Seminars and Lectures (in the future)
All Copy Rights Reserved at Beit HaMiqra, 2009